Important safety considerations when choosing a supplier for Head & Tailstocks and Hydraulic Elevating Positioners.
For Head & Tailstocks. Does the machine have the following safety features :-
- Worn nut sensor on the elevation lead screw.
- Collision sensors protecting the operator and component.
- Programmable height control to enable your component to be only be moved within a safe working envelope.
- Power loss protection. In a case of loss of power the machine maintains it's current position.
- Emergency stops on both columns.
- Armoured spark proof power cables.
For Hydraulic Elevating Welding Positioners
- Non return valves fitted to cylinders
- Hydraulic pressure and power loss protection. In a case of loss of power the machine maintains it's current position.
- Programmable movement restrictions to prevent any collision possibilites of the component.
- Full electrical protection including phase sequencer, EMC filter and auxiliary circuit breaker
- Optional PLC programmable controller allowing easy selection of welding positions
If the model of machine that you are considering doesn't feature any of the above safety considerations we urge you to think very carefully about your purchasing decision. All MG supplied Sideros machines feature the above.
We urge you not to put a price on Safety